Welland History .ca

Historic EVENTS in and around Welland


Wm. Taylor Had a Narrow Escape in Midnight Blaze

[Welland Telegraph, 28 September 1915]

Fire broke out at an early hour Saturday morning at the home of Wm. Taylor, Albina street. Mr. Taylor, who was alone in the house, was aroused from sleep by a neighbor, Herbert Swayze, and was able to get out just in time. Mrs. Taylor has been ill in the hospital for some weeks and the children were also absent. The fire is thought to have originated from electric wiring in the kitchen. The dining room and kitchen were pretty well cleaned out by the flames. The house is owned by J.W. Fralick of Canboro.

The alarm was sounded on Saturday morning for a fire at the home of Mrs. Smith, East Main street. Little damage was done.

Add A Comment